Starting operations in mid-2018, 406 Recycling provides Montana businesses, organizations, government agencies, and households with secure, convenient, and local electronics recycling. In the summer of 2020, 406 Recycling partnered with YES Compost initially providing compost hauling for Food Share and soon expanding to include households and businesses with 406 Compost! Starting July, residential customers of 406 Compost will receive a quarterly dividend of $.015/pound for material collected with an option to accept that amount as payment to service or have 406 Compost donate double the amount to charity.
- Household collection service for residents in and around the City of Helena. $20 for collection every other week and only $5 more per month for two buckets per pickup (this allows for a bucket a week without additional collection resources)
- Commercial service can include buckets (typical for a coffee shop) or larger rolling bins. Call for a free estimate and consultation.
- Exchange site(s) provide an opportunity for rural customers to swap out their bucket or buckets in Helena to be able to compost their green waste and keep organics out of the trash and away from critters. These sites also provide options for customers to pick up an extra bucket if needed or exchange their bucket if they’ll miss their collection day.
- Events! Working with our parent company, 406 Recycling, we provide zero-waste collection setups for events of all sizes from a small party to a music festival. This can include food waste, event dishware, and all recyclables.
- Extra Buckets and Bins: 406 Compost currently collects from household every other Tuesday but can deliver an extra bucket and complete a bucket exchange any Tuesday for customers upgrading to two bucket service.
What we collect!
406 Compost Guide – June 2021
Our team includes the staff of 406 Recycling, which proudly employees persons with disabilities, and is committed to being as green as possible!
Our primary facility is in Montana City. More details soon!
Matt Elsaesser and his staff have decades of combined experience providing recycling services and advocating for recycling in Montana.